Notice of Collection, Processing and Use of Personal Information
For the compliance of “Personal Information Protection Act” (the “Act”), Taiwan Insurance Institute (the “Institute”) provides the following items of “Notice of Collection, Processing and Use of Personal Information” under the Article 8 and Article 9 of the Act, please read the following items carefully.
- Name of the Organization:
Taiwan Insurance Institute
- Purposes for the Personal Information Collection:
The Institute collects your personal information for the purposes of conducting research, education and training,(either for the Institute itself or for other third parties), other legally permissible business, and its relevant activities.
- Sources of Personal Information:
The Institute collects your personal information from the referrals by the unit of group registration other than collecting directly if you registered with groups.
- Classification of Personal Information:
The personal information collected by the Institute, includes but not limited to:
- Basic information:
Identification information and characteristics information by which individuals and the financial status of individuals can be identified, and information by which individuals can be identified through government data , such as name, identification card number and other personal identification card number, date of birth, gender, contact information, bank account numbers, certificates of lowincome household, IP address, etc.
- Information of professional skills:
Occupation, work experience, school records, qualification or skills, occupational forte, etc.
- Basic information:
- Process and Use of Personal Information:
- Time period:
Unless otherwise stipulated by the law or regulation in respect of the retention period of personal information obtained from methods above, the retention period of the personal information by the Institution shall be the time required for the above purposes for collection to be fulfilled or the time period necessary for Institution to conduct its business.
- Area where personal information are used:
The Taiwan area (including offshore islands such as Penghu, Kinmen and Matsu) or other regions that are authorized by you to process and use your personal information.
The Institute itself and the cooperative partners who conduct the activities in accordance with the proceeding items of purposes who have or propose to have dealings with Intuition and need to collect, process, use or the Personal Information for such purpose
- Methods of use of Personal Information:
Methods which are necessary for the fulfillment of the above collection purposes that are in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations.
- Time period:
- You should ensure that the personal information provided from you is true, accurate, and complete. If any information is untrue or needed to be modified, you have the responsibility to submit relevant supporting documentation for such correction. Failure to provide true and complete personal information in time may lead to inability to participate in research, educational training, examination, and any other legal business and relevant activities conducted by the Institute. It may also lead to inability to be contact during emergency, or failed delivery of notification, examination and training results, therefore may affect your interests and benefits thereafter.
- You may exercise the following rights with respect to your personal information through contacting the Institute by email (email@example.com):
- You may request to inquire, review, make duplications, supplement or correct your personal information, request to delete, discontinue collection, processing or use of your personal information.
- You may request the Institute to discontinue using your personal information on marketing purposes.
- You may request the Institute to transmit your personal information to your nominated organization.
- You may withdraw the expression of collecting, processing or using your information.
- You may request for a review of the logic involved with automated decision-making, including profiling.
- If you have any concerns about the Institute collecting, processing or using your personal information, you may lodge the complaint with the supervisory authority.
- You agree to use electronic records as a method of written consent required by Personal Information Protection Act and other laws.
- The Institute may collect the information from you when you visit our websites including IP address, browsing time, and access record. The information we collected will be used only for the Institute management and improving websites services, we won't analyze the individual behavior.
- The Institute may use your personal information for automated decision making and profiling purposes while the output is compatible with the original purpose.
- The Institute is required using appropriate methods to secure personal information from being stolen, altered, damaged, destroyed or disclosed. For High-risk categories of personal information, including, but not limited to, the special categories of personal information set out in the Article 6 of Personal Information Protection Act, will be managed and used in particular with appropriate and adequate safety maintenance measures to protect customer rights.