- To serve as the think tank of the regulators as well as the industry.
- To assist the regulators to study and formulate regulatory policies to develop a healthy operating environment.
- To provide a communicating platform and play the role of the bridge among the regulators, industry and consumers.
- To strengthen mutual connection with foreign professional insurance organizations.
- To promote insurance knowledge and risk management techniques, advocate correct insurance concept and protect the interest of consumers.
- Providing insurance research & professionalism development
- Providing training programs and seminars
- Collecting actuarial services & statistics
- Implementing insurance products & financial databases
- Facilitating e-insurance developments
- Reviewing insurance products
- Administering Qualification Examination for Investment-Linked Insurance Sales Agent
- Conducting insurance market analysis